RE: [exim] Exchange move

Autor: Jan Johansson
A: Clive McDowell, Exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Exchange move
>Out of interest, we currently use spamassassin to tag incoming messages
>with a spam score. Users can then set up exim filters on
>their unix based imap mailbox to decide what level to accept/reject
>messages as spam. They can also set up their own blacklists
>and whitelists. This is all done via a web-based front end to make it easy.
>If we were to switch to an exchange based server is
>there an equivalent to the exim filter that would allow individual users to
>do the same thing? i.e. the filtering done at the
>message store rather than the client.

Haven't really looked into that solution, since we are (as I stated
previously) using exim with Mailscanner/Spamassassin in our DMz with a crude
in-house-hacked tool to let the users handle their settings.

But, mind you, most people doesn't bother with that but rely on the built in
junk email filter in the 2003 products.