RE: [exim] Exim 4.43 segmentation faults

Autor: Dennis Davis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Exim 4.43 segmentation faults
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Florian Laws wrote:

> From: Florian Laws <fl@???>
> To: "'exim-users@???'" <exim-users@???>, Florian Laws <fl@???>
> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:30:00 +0100
> Subject: RE: [exim] Exim 4.43 segmentation faults

> I've asked the customer that I can install Exim 4.60.
>
> > This does at least show a very particular set of
> > circumstances: Exim has
> > sent off a bunch of RCPT commands and DATA in a pipelined connection;
> > all the recipients have been rejected, so DATA is also
> > rejected.
>
> FWIW, there is just one recipient in tne mail,
> but the mail1.debitel.com mail server (an Exim 4.34, btw)
> has a very long multiline reject message (23 lines).

Then upgrading may well solve your problem. For example the
Changelog for exim-4.44 includes:

32. Exim crashed if a remote delivery caused a very long error message to be
    recorded - for instance if somebody sent an entire SpamAssassin report back
    as a large number of 550 error lines. This bug was coincidentally fixed by
    increasing the size of one of Exim's internal buffers (big_buffer) that
    happened as part of the Exiscan merge. However, to be on the safe side, I
    have made the code more robust (and fixed the comments that describe what
    is going on).
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101