Re: [exim] Exim and spamd

Author: George
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and spamd
*trim*

>>2005-12-09 13:42:12 IR92YC-0007MF-2Z spam acl condition: Resource
>>temporarily unavailable on spamd socket
>
>ACK. While it looks as if something is there 'ahead of it' when that triggers,
>I suspect that 'execute' as well as 'rw' is needed at startup as the
>daemon runing as amavisd:amavisd tries to remove old and create new
>socket, (as is normally done - think about invocation after abnormal
>system shutdown/restart...).
>
>This would be blocked by prior presence of the socket with
>root:wheel ownership.
>
>What happens if you create the socket in the first place as owned by
>amavisd:amavisd?
>
>And/or (temporarily) grant 'x' as well as 'rw' to all comers for
>testing? (not otherwise a good idea...)

I've played with permissions a little bit, but I don't think the
source of the problem is related to it. Permissions are not changing
irregularly or unexpectedly.

I have captured a few email that actually triggers the problem. I can
cut and paste it into a new email body and it will trigger the same
symptom again. I'm far from a solution or even knowing what is really
going on, but I have a "feeling" that (Content-Length mismatch) is
language or character set problems, or the reading of them.

My current SA version (3.1.0) functions perfectly with Exim 4.51. Any
newer version of Exim will produce this problem on my system
irrelevant of what version of SA I'm using. Maybe it's a potential
bug in Exim, but I couldn't tell.

*trim*

>SA has its own mechanism(s) for per-domain or per-user settings.
>Those too can be ~SQL-driven, and might provide a less problematic solution.

Any link would be appreciated provided the method is during acl and
not in the router section.

*trim*
>BTW - I don't need a 'cc:' - it is giving me two copies of your notes...

Sorry Bill. Habit of cc-ing to the list. I appreciate your help in
looking for a solution to my server problem. At this point I've
switched back to Exim 4.51.
I'll continue testing on a newer version outside of production.

George