[exim] manualroute won't route to localhost???

Autor: Nic Ferrier
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] manualroute won't route to localhost???
Because the smtp transport offers the option:

allow_localhost

and:

port

I presumed that I would be able to get my smarthost configuration to
deliver mail via an ssh tunnel I have running on the smtp machine to
the target host.

But manualroute seems to refuse to deliver stuff via local machines.

By the way, this config is a machine connected to it's smarthost by an
existing ssh tunnel - I don't want to use a separate pipe based router
to connect to the smarthost.

Can anyone tell me if I can route to the localhost someway?

Nic Ferrier