Re: [exim] malware and defer_ok

Autor: Riemer Palstra
A: oxo
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] malware and defer_ok
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:46:53AM +0200, oxo@??? wrote:
> 1) Does anyone know of monitoring software for FreeBSD/Linux that
> will restart the daemon if it dies.

Install DaemonTools and put the daemon under supervise.

> 2) If I put malware = */defer_ok in my check data ACL, will that
> accept the mail and relay it out to the world, or will it accept and
> queue until clam is back up. The latter would be better, but I'm not
> sure if it is possible.

The first. Consider putting a second scanner in the chain if you
*really* don't want a message to be sent out to the world without any
type of scanning.

--
Riemer Palstra                           Amsterdam, The Netherlands
riemer@???                 http://www.palstra.com/