Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Giuliano Gavazzi
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
> > IIRW when I wrote it I had to save the sender address for the
> > return path, because of the
> >
> >         errors_to = root@MAINDOMAIN

> Um, okay, seems to be necessary then (I'm a little lost in the whole
> concept...).
> address_data can contain more than value by using the key=data syntax
> and extracting what you need. Maybe this helps you.

is not much of a concept, I was thinking of having a two MXes, one
primary, and a router would copy each incoming message from one to the
other. Special retry rules would ensure that the copy will eventually
reach the other MX. The real problem is IMAP, the synchronisation of two
IMAP accounts is a nightmare. Even using rsync and keeping one account
IMAP-readonly is not a simple task.
Anyway...

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will do two things, drop that whole
idea of backup and use the key=data syntax, in order not to waste
address_data.

Giuliano