Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
CC: Giuliano Gavazzi
Betreff: Re: [exim] how to detect if address aliased?
Giuliano Gavazzi skrev:
> Sorry the quick'n'dumb question.
> In short, how do I detect that a redirect router has successfully
> redirected an address?
>
> I only accept a local recipient if it is an alias, this is because of the
> way I handle virtual domains. Each domain has got its alias file (plus a
> server wide alias file for role addresses) and these are checked by three
> routers. One for the global aliases, one for the prefixed aliases (the
> suffix is not dropped when looking up the local part) and the last one for
> unprefixed aliases (the suffix is dropped). When I finally arrive at the
> local user router I want to check that the address has been aliased, as
> I do not allow delivery otherwise, how do I check that?

Suggestion: Set address_data in the redirect routers (make sure that you
have preconditions that fail for addresses not handled by the routers),
then check $address_data in the ACL

  require  verify_recipient
           condition = ${if eq {$address_data}{OK}}

If you use address_data for other purposes it becomes more complicated,
of course.

Dang! Too slow! But anyway, it could be better to check this in the ACL,
if you want to allow mail directly to local users in *some* circumstances.

--
Magnus Holmgren