Re: [exim] Do I need to compile Exim??

Página Inicial
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [exim] Do I need to compile Exim??
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 22:11:52 +0000, Steven Wayne <swayne@???>
wrote:
>He doesn't know how to configure Debian's Exim, he may well be an ace at
>Postfix.

Nah. He would be able to read docs then.

>Actually I've got a question for you, do you know why Debian picked on
>Exim as the default MTA?

Actually, the migration from smail to exim (1.x back then) was well
before I joined Debian as a developer. What I have heard from the
historians, was that exim is configured quite similiar to smail and
was thus the logical choice.

If Debian had to take this decision again now, I strongly suspect that
the new default MTA would be postfix.

Greetings
Marc