Re: [exim] bug (4.60): negative values in maildirsize file?

Página Inicial
Autor: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Para: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
Assunto: Re: [exim] bug (4.60): negative values in maildirsize file?
On Friday 09 December 2005 11:01, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > # rm /var/mail/arekm/maildirsize; echo test | mail arekm
> > # cat /var/mail/arekm/maildirsize | head
> > -2147483648S,0C
> > 3716 6
> > 472 1
> > #

Just to clarify things - I used head here which could fool reader - in this
maildir there were only these two small mails so this overflow is not due to
huge size of emails in it, it has to be something else...

> > Looks like overflow. Another thing is that it seems that quota is limited
> > to 2GB (which is preety low).
>
> In the 35 years that I have been in this business, I have consistently
> under-estimated what "small" and "big" mean. To me, 2GB is still a HUGE
> number. :-)

It's small when you have all mails from several months ;)

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/