Re: [exim] Problem relaying from local subnet

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
CC: Marc Haber
Betreff: Re: [exim] Problem relaying from local subnet
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Marc Haber wrote:
>
> > Exim handles "192.168.0/24" as a domain name, not as an IP address.
> > Most other applications expand 192.168.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24 and
> > handle it like an IP network then. This behavior seems consistent with
> > ipv6 custom.
>
> OK, if this is becoming the standard paradigm, I'll think about it.

Furthermore, I have recently become aware that TLDs may not start with a
digit - I haven't been able to find an RFC that says this, but it is
stated clearly on the ICANN web site. So Exim could grumble about items
that aren't identifiable as IPv4 addresses, but whose last component
starts with a digit.

Philip