[exim] mystified

Autor: ron chatterton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] mystified
Gents

    Am new to exim and wondered if anyone could help.

    I have a client (my laptop) sending to a 4.54 (sol10) server.
    The server isnt setup to do anything other than accept mail for local users.(no dns)
    (the idea is this will send to a mail relay)
    Which I'm pretty certain it does,However.......

    When I send mail to the server I get the following error:-

    2005-12-08 14:27:33 H=kavon [10.10.10.99] sender verify defer for <mserv@???>: host lookup did not complete
    2005-12-08 14:27:33 H=kavon [10.10.10.99] F=<mserv@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <mserv@???>: Could not     complete sender verify

    I am keeping things simple by sending from mserv@domaim1 to mserv@domain1

    Why is the server trying to verify the sender ??
    I've commented out `required verify = sender` to no avail.
    What exactly is being verified - is the sender 10.10.10.99 or mserv@???

    I've also run the command locally exim -bh 10.10.10.99
    This seems to work fine.

    Any help appreciated