Re: [exim] IMAP local transport, Delivery logging question

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David S. Madole
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] IMAP local transport, Delivery logging question
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, David S. Madole wrote:

> > 3. Make your transport a remote transport. After all, if it is
> > delivering over IMAP to another host, surely it *is* a remote transport,
> > not a local transport?
>
> In that sense, it is a remote transport, but at least in what I perceived as
> the Exim definitions of remote vs. local, it felt more like a local transport
> since it only delivers to one recipient at a time.

No, that is not the Exim definition. "Local" means "on this host",
"remote" means "not on this host". Both kinds of transport can deliver
multiple recipients at a time - see the batch_max setting for local
transports. Equally, I see no problem with a remote transport that only
ever delivers one recipient at a time. Just don't give it a max_rcpt
option.