Re: [exim] IMAP local transport, Delivery logging question

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David S. Madole
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] IMAP local transport, Delivery logging question
From: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>

> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, David S. Madole wrote:
>
>> Of course, I see that now, not sure how I missed it. So it looks like
>> I have
>> two options if I want this to work:
>>
>> 1. Set the host using the router option instead of a transport option.
>>
>> 2. Modify deliver.c to print the host information for local transports
>> from
>> host_used if it is set, like it already does for remote transports.
>>
>> Seems like the second option is the better choice. Thanks for the
>> help.
>
> 3. Make your transport a remote transport. After all, if it is
> delivering over IMAP to another host, surely it *is* a remote
> transport,
> not a local transport?

In that sense, it is a remote transport, but at least in what I perceived
as the Exim definitions of remote vs. local, it felt more like a local
transport since it only delivers to one recipient at a time.

I guess it could be a remote transport and handle the multiple recipients
situation similar to SMTP with rcpt_max set and loop within the driver.
It a lot of bother for little gain though since there is never a case
that would handle more than one recipient. Unlike SMTP there is no
efficiency benefit to batching, since the message always has to be sent
for each recipient anyway.

It seems like a lot of work to emulate within a remote transport the
default exim behavior of a local transport just to log some additional
data (or to avoid enhancing the logging in delivery.c a bit).

David