Re: [exim] Re: Errors in transport filters

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Felix Schwarz
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Errors in transport filters
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Felix Schwarz wrote:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Which release of Exim? A bug that probably relates to this was fixed at
> > release 4.51.
>
> latest version for RHEL 4 (4.43 2.RHEL4.5)
> Can you point me to the bug number/CVS checkin? If the patch is not too big
> I'll try to patch my version as I'm trying to stick with the RHEL versions for
> longer maintainance.

This is the ChangeLog entry to which I was referring:

PH/45 In a pipe transport, although a timeout while waiting for the pipe
      process to complete was treated as a delivery failure, a timeout while
      writing the message to the pipe was logged, but erroneously treated as a
      successful delivery. Such timeouts include transport filter timeouts. For
      consistency with the overall process timeout, these timeouts are now
      treated as errors, giving rise to delivery failures by default. However,
      there is now a new Boolean option for the pipe transport called
      timeout_defer, which, if set TRUE, converts the failures into defers for
      both kinds of timeout. A transport filter timeout is now identified in
      the log output.

I don't recall whether there was a bug number or not, nor do I have any
information about the particular CVS checkin. The current release, as of
last week, is 4.60. The 4.43 release is now over a year old (05 Oct
2004).