RE: [exim] Problem relaying from local subnet

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ben Carter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Mailing List
Αντικείμενο: RE: [exim] Problem relaying from local subnet
It works. Thanks a million Steve!

I did notice something odd though, possibly a bug in the Debian package
dialog boxes. I'll write it up here in case anyone else has a similar
experience.

To get dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config to work I had to appended :!* to
the end of the allowed relay ip address list in the networks accept
relay dialog box.

Example: 192.168.0/24:10.1.1.0:!* works but 192.168.0/24:10.1.1.0 does
not

When I did not append :!* to the end of the line defining acceptable
relay IP addresses , dpkg-reconfigure would accept the entry, but
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated would not contain a directive to
accept 10.1.1.0/24. However, running dpkg-reconfigure again, 10.1.1.0/24
would still show up in the dialog box used to choose which ip addresses
to accept relay mail from. Once I added the :!* to the end of the line,
then 10.1.1.0/24 showed up in /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.

I only stumbled across this because I ran dpkg-reconfigure on a server
that worked, and discovered the :!*.

Ben Carter
DCCN Coordinator
Douglas County PUD
1151 Valley mall Parkway
East Wenatchee WA, 98802
Voice: (509) 884-7191
Fax:    (509) 884-0553

On
> Behalf Of Steven Wayne
> Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:11 AM
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [exim] Problem relaying from local subnet
>
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:53:53AM -0800, Ben Carter wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:53:53 -0800
> > From: "Ben Carter" <BenC@???>
> > To: <exim-users@???>
> > Subject: [exim] Problem relaying from local subnet
> >
> > I have a Debian box kernel version 2.4 on which I have just

installed
> > exim4 from apt-get stable. I have also installed sa-exim to filter

spam.
> > Inbound email works fine, but users on the local subnet cannot send
> > mail. They get a 550 relay not permitted error. For the life of me
> > cannot figure out how to tell exim that it is ok to relay from the

10.x
> > subnet. I have read as much of TFM as I could find online (WIKI this
> > mailing list, numerous Google searches, etc.) and can't find an

answer.
> > I tried using the directive relay_from_hosts in my exim.conf file. I

am
> > running in monolithic file mode (or at least I told Debian to

install
> > exim4 with the monolithic file. I tried renaming the

/etc/exim4/conf.d
> > directory to verify that the conf.d was not in use and received

errors
> > launching exim4 from the Debian start script. However, when I

enabled
> > sa-exim, I did so with a command in the monolithic file. Confused?

Me

F=<user@???>
> > rejected RCPT <user@???>: relay not permitted
> >

> For this you should update /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf and run
> update-exim4.conf or run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and answer the
> questions.
>

> > I tried to edit the existing relay_from_hosts command but that

didn't
> > work:
> >

> > .ifndef MAIN_RELAY_NETS
> >
> > MAIN_RELAY_NETS = DEBCONFrelay_netsDEBCONF
> >
> > .endif
> >
> > hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : 10.1.1.56 ::::1 :
> > MAIN_RELAY_NETS
> >

> Don't do this.
>

> > Then I tried putting it in the config file "bare":
> >

> > relay_from_hosts = localhost : 10.1.1.56 :
>
> Don't do this either.
>

> > This is probably very easy, but I've been banging my head against it

for