Re: [exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection
Philip Hazel wrote:

>> In this context: Names are nicer than numbers, but that could be too
>> much
>> of a change. Right now I use macros (e.g. "SPAM_STATUS = m1") for that,
>> but unfortunately they are not usable in system filters. Do you think
>> that would be hard to change?
> You can always preprocess your filter when you edit it - i.e. put it
> through a kind of "build" process.

Oh yes, nice thing, right. And hope I don't forget to do it everytime..

> Allowing macros in a system filter would be quite a change - not only of
> code, but also of philosophy.

I already liked the concept of $acl_[cm]_somename more. :)
As long as the number is farily low, it shouldn't hurt the performance too
much if we don't use a fancy hashing algorithm, and use a simple linear
search.
As I know that you are quite busy (who's not...), I'll probably look into
that (in the near future), if you don't object to such a change.