Re: [exim] slowing spammers with iptables -m recent

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] slowing spammers with iptables -m recent
Tony Godshall wrote:

> Well, it is in DNS and it does have SPF records. I guess I'll
> go dig up the specifics to your vague recommendation if it
> becomes a problem beyond just the one ISP. Thanks for the
> pointer, though.

You're not going to convince many people here of your legitimacy by
publishing SPF records. The rough consensus on this list seems to be
best represented by http://david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html . Ok,
maybe consensus isn't the right word, but it certainly seems to be the
majority opinion.

Publishing SPF records seems to be one of the first things a spammer
does when they acquire a new domain.

- Marc