Re: [exim] SMTPS problem

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTPS problem
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:22:49 +0800, Feifei Jia
<feifei.jia@???> wrote:
>Hi, I modified the "SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS" in /etc/default/exim4 to "-oX
>'0.0.0.0.465' -tls-on-connect" and set the "QUEUERUNNER" to
>"'separate'".
>But the daemon which listen on "port 465" has no pidfile (exim.pid) in
>/var/run/exim4 (only one eximqr.pid), thus it could not be stopped by the
>"stop_exim" function. That's weird :(

Gee, thanks for sending this in private as a separate message, forcing
me to reply a second time.

The issue you are experiencing just shows that you didn't read the
docs about how a pidfile is generated.

|    When -oX is used on the command line to start a listening daemon, the
|    process id is not written to the normal pid file path. However, -oP can be
|    used to specify a path on the command line if a pid file is required.

Hence,

|SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS='-oX 465:25 -oP /var/run/exim4/exim.pid'

will probably do what you want. It starts a daemon that will listen on
ports 465 _and_ 25.

Greetings
Marc