Re: [exim] AUTH over TLS only

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] AUTH over TLS only
Subject: Re: [exim] AUTH over TLS only
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Warren Howard wrote:

> From: Warren Howard <warren@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:13:46 +0530
> Subject: [exim] AUTH over TLS only
>
> Is there a way in Exim to setup matching functionality to
> Postfix's "smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes" option? I've read through
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_38.html#IX2419
> and the closest matching option I can find is "hosts_require_tls"
> which is not what I want.

Use auth_advertise_hosts. From the spec:

If you want to advertise the availability of AUTH only when the
connection is encrypted using TLS, you can make use of the fact that
the value of this option is expanded, with a setting like this:

    auth_advertise_hosts = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{}{*}}

  If $tls_cipher is empty, the session is not encrypted, and the
  result of the expansion is empty, thus matching no hosts. Otherwise,
  the result of the expansion is *, which matches all hosts.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101