Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
Philip Hazel wrote:
> Wait, wait, wait! I'm right after all, I think.

Well, kind of. :o)

> The problem is the H part of the name. The number that follows H is
> the microseconds of the time. However, it doesn't come with leading
> zeros,

Damit, I noticed the sometimes different lengths of the filenames today,
but weren't smart enough to see the coherence.

> which is why you get
>
>> 1133279114.H846792P17297.myhost.test.ex:S370
>> 1133279114.H94773P17285.myhost.test.ex
>
> The second one should be sorted first because 94773 is less than
> 846792.

*Sigh*. I don't know how often I allready made this mistake, comparing
numbers as strings.

> I can fix this by using a correct sorting algorithm. Please try the
> patch below.

Now it works out correctly. There are at least two other places where
this would be usefull. (searching for "sort readdir")

lg,
daniel