Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > I believe that I have found the bug in the runtest script that causes
> > this. Please can you try the patch below? The new comment gives a
> > clue as to how I screwed up... :-)
>
> Hmmm. Let me put it this way:
> When sorting messages, you're passing message filenames (well, dentries)
> to eximidsort. These filenames don't contain any dashes by default. :o)
>
> I don't know where you were looking, but this can't be the problem, I
> think. They should be sorted correctly, as filenames begin with
> "<stime>.H<mtime>".

Oops, maybe I've gone completely mad. Probably.

I'll think again after lunch. I am, however, fairly sure that the
problem is caused by your machine managing to receive two of the test
messages within the same second. They end up with message ids that have
the same first component.

The contents of test-mail that you sent to me look perfectly correct, so
the problem must be in the way Exim orders the file names in order to do
the comparison. It seems to be comparing the wrong files.