Re: [exim] Attachment?

Autor: Adam Funk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Attachment?
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 20:21, Ben So wrote:
> We have a server sending out Excel (.xls) attachment by email via local
> smtp server (exim as MTA) relayed to our new ISP.
>
> It turned out the .xls attachment was converted to a text file.
>
> Did exim do this or probably the ISP do that (perhaps by antivirus
> program)? How can I verify it from local smtp server (exim)?

Exim doesn't remove or alter attachments (or alter the bodies of messages
in general) unless someone configures it to do so. I think it's unlikely
that you would have done that by accident.

On the other hand, many organizations do deliberately configure their MTAs
to strip various types of executable attachments -- sometimes including
MS Office files -- in order to reduce the spread of viruses.