Re: [exim] How to debug malware

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Nigel Wade
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] How to debug malware
Nigel Wade wrote:

>>>If you are happy that they are compatible
>> I didn't say that.
> You said "This is not an incompatibility". That sounds to me like you are
> saying they are compatible. What were you saying?

That a deficient configuration is not an incompability.
But I really don't want to start a discussion about nothing.

> It's exactly that. How does Exim extract the attachments for the virus
> scanner?

This works here:

acl_check_mime:

warn decode = default
[... some extension checks...]

acl_check_data:

[...]

  # virus scanning
  warn  log_message = Message contains malware ($malware_name)
        malware = */defer_ok
        set acl_m2 = $malware_name
        delay = 30s
        control = fakereject/Message rejected because of infection:
$malware_name

acl_m2 is used in system filter to tag the message and filter it out.