Re: [exim] stopping a user from using exim on system

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] stopping a user from using exim on system
Frank DeChellis DSL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using Exim 4.54 with Net BSD.
>
> I want to deny access to user www (U=www in my logs).
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? We're trying to find the root of a
> problem and denying this user access would be a great help.

The other replies you got are probably going to get you closer to the
root cause than this one, but I figured someone should answer the actual
question you asked. :)

You need to add a non-SMTP ACL[0] (because presumably the www user is
submitting locally, not through SMTP), and in it, test $authenticated_id[1]:

acl_not_smtp = acl_check_not_smtp

begin acl

acl_check_not_smtp:
deny condition = ${if eq{$authenticated_id}{www}}
accept

[0] http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_39.html#SECT39.3
[1] http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_11.html#SECT11.9

- Marc