著者: Latrell
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Problem with smtp authentication
Hi! All:

I have a problem with smtp authentication.
When I use mail command to send mail, I got the following error msg:
SMTP>> AUTH LOGIN

SMTP<< 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
SMTP>> ********

SMTP<< 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
SMTP>> ************

SMTP<< 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful.
SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<root@Latrell> SIZE=1350 AUTH=root@Latrell
SMTP>> RCPT TO:<latrell@???>
SMTP>> DATA

SMTP<< 454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to Send As this sender.
SMTP>> QUIT

It seems my authentication to mail server is successful. However, when I use root@Latrell as a sender to send mail,
if failed because it doesn't match username/passwd I provided to the mail server. Using root@Latrell (I user root to login to my machine "Latrell") is not a valid sender, thus it complained I can't use it as this sender.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Maybe we have two aspects:
1. pass sender check
2. provide sender the same as username/passwd I provided to mail server.
How can I do if any of the two aspects workable? Can I rewrite MAIL FROM address?
Thanks in advance. Any idea will all be appreciated.
My exim.conf about authentication is as follows:

    domainlist local_domains = @
    domainlist relay_to_domains =
    hostlist   relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1
    untrusted_set_sender= *