Re: [exim] How to debug malware

Autor: Michael Ludwig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How to debug malware

Hi!

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as Nigel.
I set up virus scanning with the cmdline option the
same way Nigel did.
As I use uvscan (McAfee) I replaced the uvscan command
with a simple echo-script which puts out "Found virusXY".
With the placebo script the message gets rejected within
the ACL, with the uvscan program exim does nothing
at all.
uvscan definately does detect the viruses, I checked that.
But called out of exim, nothing happens.
(debug says malware detection, too!)

Anyone any ideas??

My av_scanner line:

av_scanner = cmdline:/opt/mcafee/uvscan --allole --secure \
             --noboot -r %s:Found:Found(.+)

Michael