Re: [exim] SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (i…

Author: Chad Leigh
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (input sent without waiting for greeting) question

On Nov 25, 2005, at 3:14 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>
>> I ended up putting the following in my RCPT acl
>>
>>  accept hosts = 166.70.252.252 : woodhall.shire.net
>>        control = no_enforce_sync

> You need to put it in a "connect" ACL. It's too late by RCPT time.

Ok, thanks. The docs say

"The effect of these two controls lasts for the remainder of the SMTP
connection. They can appear in any ACL except the one for the non-
SMTP messages. The most straightforward place to put them is in the
ACL defined by acl_smtp_connect, which is run at the start of an
incoming SMTP connection, before the first synchronization check. The
expected use is to turn off the synchronization checks for badly-
behaved hosts that you nevertheless need to work with."

which says it can appear in any ACL so I was confused. Will update
my config

thanks!
Chad