Re: [exim] exim as secondary, need it to re-write some heade…

Autor: Jerry M. Howell II
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim as secondary, need it to re-write some headers
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:59:35 +0100
Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@???> wrote:

> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > Jerry M. Howell II wrote:
> >
> > Or maybe I'm assuming too much and you really just want to be able to
> > quickly tell if mail passed through the secondary. Exim, if i'm not
> > entirely confused, itself only rewrites addresses, not arbitrary
> > headers, so you would need to set up a router that pipes the mail to a
> > tool like formail, then back to Exim.
>
> I was confused. headers_remove and headers_add can be used and there is
> even an example in section 43.16 of the specification.
>
> headers_remove = subject
> headers_add = Subject: new subject (was: $h_subject:)
>
> (Though I think I would use the raw $rh_subject instead in this case.)

Thank you, I'll look into it. The reason I'm doing this is i'm faceing a temporary problem on the secondary mx. Probably a DNS issue. in my logs i get the following

2005-11-19 03:08:19 1EdOhm-0003Wz-T8 ** owner@???: Unrouteable address

the only way I can save this mail at the time is to make an alias for it to send it to anotherr mail account (geeshock@???) . Until I can resolve the issue I need to be able to tell the diference between the regular mail on geeshock@??? and the mail that should be from n2now.com. so here is what my logs are like now

2005-11-19 03:19:39 1EdOsk-0003pp-NK => geeshock@??? <postmaster@???> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mail.usalug.org [67.15.6.98]

so as ou can see that fixes the issue momentaraly but make it a little more confusing when I sort through my email on my usalug email account. If you need me to clarify the issue in anyway let me know and I'll try my best. here is my setup

server1 - primary mx for email for usalug.org and n2now.com
          also primary dns for both domains
          http server fo usalug.org
          (running qmail w/spamassasin and clamav)

server2 - secondary email server for both domains
          secondary dns fo both domains
          http server for n2now.com
          (running exim 4.x also with spamassasin)

thnx,

Jerry M. Howell II