Re: [exim] Damn advertisers that don't get returns. What to …

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
CC: Sub Zero
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Damn advertisers that don't get returns. What to do?
Sub Zero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some advertisers trying to email our hosted domains and they don't
> accept bounces. I have 3 questions:
>
>    1. What should I do to make exim defer the queued emails after -lets say
> 4H?
>    2. I am sure thay are just ignoring some RFC 's.  Where must I report
> them?
>    3. What can I do to reject them from emailing us?

> I wonder why they don't put empty return paths if they don't want their
> emails to be returned back. Here are some senders:
>
>     * duyuru@???
>     * duyuru@???
>     * bilgi@???

First thing - you must never accept a mail from an external host if it
cannot be delivered. Where is the verify = recipient in your acl_smtp_rcpt?

If you've got that right you shouldn't end up with any undeliverable
bounces - just a fair amount of "rejected RCPT" in the logs.

Then you can go on and add such things as verify = sender (to block
senders invalid MX) and dnslists =
dsn.rfc-ignorant.org/$sender_address_domain (to block senders from
domains known not to accept bounces), etc etc.

--
Magnus Holmgren