Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems - RESOLVED

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rob Brenart
Alte Treads: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
Betreff: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems - RESOLVED
It's working (after a wasted 10 minutes because I mistyped 587 as 578)!
You have no idea how grateful I am to all the help on this list... you
guys not only got me working but taught me alot in the process.... I owe
you all big.

Anyway, quick summary for anyone who may stumble on this thread in the
future...

1) Test that your client can reach your smarthost on the port your
using, to do so
telnet <smarthost> <port>
Default port is 25
2) If 25 is blocked, switch to 587 by running a copy of exim4 (actually
you can switch to any port you like, but 587 was given as a standard
choice)... I'm not sure on exactly how to do this with a normal setup,
but if your using a webhost with WHM Installed you can log into your
Host Manager, choose Service Configuration -> Service Manager, and
choose the "exim on another port" option
3) Change your client to "transport" on this new port.... again, I'm not
100% on how the standard configuration works for this, but for an
unsplit debian configuration
open /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template
Find the section labelled remote_smtp_smarthost
and add the line
port=<port>

Then restart exim and you should be good to go... if you're not, try to
run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and just enter through, this will make
certain the config template is re-read. Make sure you've done what's
necessary with the auth file ... namely putting in your information in
/etc/exim4/passwd.client

And again, thanks everyone