Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rob Brenart
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
Fred Viles wrote:
> On 21 Nov 2005 at 17:47, Rob Brenart wrote about
>     "Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems":

> | Ah crap... if I log onto my outside box, I can telnet oculardata.com 587
> | and it does just as yours does above... but if I do it from a box
> | (windows or linux) from inside my house, I get nothing.
>
> FWIW, I can't connect on port 587 from my home DSL or work (static
> IP). Are you *sure* you tried port 587 from your outside box? If
> so, something seems to have changed at oculardata.com since then.
>
> - Fred

Yeah, we opened port 587 yesterday, and I got access to a relayed box...
from which I can do exactly what I want to... but from my SBC connection
I still can't get through to 25 or 587, which means either my internal
setup or SBC is blocking 587... and I'm about 99% positive it's not
anything going on inside my walls.

I talked to SBC and they're completely clueless... I've toyed with using
SBC's SMTP server instead, but that's another whole host of
authentication problems that won't work. I think it's time to start
looking into stunnel.