Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Betreff: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> Bill, in reading this whole thread, you've managed to completely confuse
> the issues - well done!

Ah well... "GIGO"

Or, as Edwin C. Mabbs put it:

"The difficulty with communication is the assumption that one has
accomplished it."

Hopefully - we've jointly and severally gotten the OP much further down
the road to success.
- both with his MU-as-client and his MTA-as-client (or host, or peer).

;-)

> Rob, one thing you should make sure of is that your hosting provider is
> running a configuration on 587 that will *only* let you proceed to DATA
> stage if you've authenticated (i.e. that there are no "local" domains for
> that SMTP, so it treats everything as a relay attempt).
>
> Cheers
>
> MBM

Which should become clear as soon as he begins offering test traffic.

- success, indordinate delays, or messages...

Bill