Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 04:35:18PM -0600, Rob Brenart wrote:
> What do you know, my hosting provider has a 2 second preconfigured thing
> for just this problem... so now, exim is running a copy on 587 as
> well... I don't mean to be a hassle, but I'm not seeing how to redirect
> my client to use that port now though... I thought it was in Bill's
> earlier message, but I can't seem to distill it from the server settings.

Cool. A "port = 587" statement in the appropriate SMTP transport (make sure
there's only one you use for dealing with that smarthost) should do the
trick.

Bill, in reading this whole thread, you've managed to completely confuse
the issues - well done!

Rob, one thing you should make sure of is that your hosting provider is
running a configuration on 587 that will *only* let you proceed to DATA
stage if you've authenticated (i.e. that there are no "local" domains for
that SMTP, so it treats everything as a relay attempt).

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/