Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
Marc Sherman wrote:
> Bill Hacker wrote:
>

>> There is a simpler way to annotate it, but this should cover it all:
>
> [snip misleading information]
>
> Bill, the OP is trying to use Exim as the SMTP _client_, connecting to a
> smarthost server via tls_on_connect on port 465. Telling him how to set
> up Exim as a tls_on_connect server is not helpful.
>
> - Marc

The config covers the whole ball of wax. Check my message headers.
The cut ' paste is from *this* server.

MTA-MTA, MTA-MUA. smtp, smtps, STARTTLS, esmtpsa - pick your acronyms.

Had you missed the information that the OP was having trouble sorting
out *both*
his MTA and MUA w/r encrypted linkage?

i.e. all of it?

What part of that was not covered in the config?

'Get to the end', don't ration the solution in fragments.

Bill