Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems

Autor: Rob Brenart
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
Marc Sherman wrote:
> Bill Hacker wrote:
>>
>> AFAIK Exim supports tls_on_connect on any port you specify. RTFM.
>
> I'd love for you to show me where in TFM it says that Exim supports
> tls_on_connect as a _client_. One would expect a tls_on_connect
> option on the SMTP transport; chapter 30 (which I have read, have
> you?) makes it clear that option does not exist:
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_30.html
>
> RTFMLA if you don't believe me, and want Philip's word on it:
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20031222/msg00051.html
>

> - Marc

I'm not saying I don't believe anyone, hell, it's obviously not working
for me that's why I'm here... I'm just telling you what I read ... looks
like it wasn't in the manual, but in a README that came with my
distribution (Debian)... and maybe I'm just misunderstanding it? I'm at
the point now where I can no longer tell which way is up.

exim4 as TLS/SSL client
------
Both exim4-daemon-heavy and exim4-daemon-light support TLS/SSL using the
GnuTLS library and exim will use TLS *automatically* as client if the
server exim connects to offers it. You can stop reading now if you are
not setting up a mailserver which needs to offer TLS for incoming
connections.