Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave Lugo
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] smarthost relay problems
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Rob Brenart wrote:

> I did RTFM and it claimed it would all "just work", it doesn't... and I
> can't seem to find an entry about how to make it try port 465 instead of 25

http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/FAQ_2.html#TOC120

Q0206: How can I get Exim to deliver certain domains to a different SMTP
port on my local host?

A0206: You must set up a special smtp transport, where you can specify
the port option, and then set up a router to route the domains to that
transport. There are two possibilities for specifying the host:

(1) If you use a manualroute router, you can specify the local host in
the router options. You must also set

self = send
so that it does not object to sending to the local host.

(2) If you use a router that cannot specify hosts (for example, an accept
router with appropriate conditions), you have to specify the host using
the hosts option of the transport. In this case, you must also set
allow_localhost on the transport.

That, plus how to smarthost, would be enough, 6BUT there seems to
be some disgreement on the list whether or doing what you want as
an smtp client (rather than a receiving server) is supported, hence
the stunnel 'shim' needed locally.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC