Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> Looks good, but I can make it fail again by inserting just one space
> character into my gecos field. :op
> | tiefnig:x:1000:1000: :/home/tiefnig:/bin/bash
>
> It screws up really terrible with that. One can use other (single)
> characters too, but a space is the most impressive one, because it is
> used most often between word boundaries. :o)

OK, I think I have finally found a way to nail this. Every configuration
file in the test suite now contains

gecos_pattern = ""
gecos_name = CALLER_NAME

There is now no need to try to recognize the gecos name and "fix" it in
the output. It is always "CALLER_NAME".

> Btw: SUPPORT_TRANSLATE_IP_ADDRESS hasn't been included in src/EDITME.
> Mabe you just forgot that?

src/EDITME does not contain every possible value that can be set in
Local/Makefile. There are far too many of them. That particular one is
also *very* special purpose.

There is complete list of build-time options in doc/OptionsList (after
the list of runtime options).