Re: [exim] Setting up Exim for Multiple Clients

Autor: Bill Hacker
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Setting up Exim for Multiple Clients
Mike Jones wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to configuring exim, and I've been asked
> to set up our mail server for an external client to use as we will be
> hosting their website on our webservers.
>

> Its never been used for users to log into so they can send and receive
> emails. (Basically its just been used to send out newsletters and to receive

Understanding that not all spam is intended to be malicous, you should be
aware that '*@fastwebmedia.com' earned itself a place in our local
blacklists as of some time ago.

*somebody* there is certainly a 'newbie' !!!

Whatever else you do, it might be wise to insure those 'newsletters' are
going
only to folks who actually want them - and continued to want them.

Does each and every one carry a simple single-step 'unsubscribe' method?
(as this list does, for example)

Absence of such can be considered a felony in some jurisdictions, which
can be a far greater inconvenience than blacklisting.

;-)

*SNIP*

Bill Hacker