Re: [exim] Exim

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: Markus Braun
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim
Markus Braun wrote:
> First I get this message in my Inbox of Outlook. A generated email.
>
>   'marky20@???' am 20.11.2005 22:37
>            503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

> The Email adress exists. Also the Hotmail adress.
>
> When i try to send it over my server e.g. Horde, i have no problems.

OK, but I still don't know which address you originally sent to and
which domain(s) your server handles. Does your mail client submit your
mail to your server or some other server, which then tries to contact
your server?

> This is my actuell vexim-acl-check-rcpt.conf:
>
> #  deny    hosts         = ! +relay_from_hosts
> #          condition     = ${if eq {${lookup mysql{select count(*) from domains \
> #                          where domain = '${quote_mysql:$domain}' \
> #                          and spamassassin='1'}}}{1} {yes}{no}}
> #          !acl          = spf_rcpt_acl

> accept
>            authenticated = *
> #condition = ${if eq{$authenticated_id}{$sender_address}{yes}{no}}

> deny    message       = DNSBL listed at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
>       dnslists      =
> sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org:list.dsbl.org:dynablock.njabl.org

> Must i add more to this line?

Is that the whole ACL for RCPT? Looks like it will not accept any
recipients at all unless the client has authenticated. The last deny is
effectively redundant, since if no ACL statement matches and control
falls off the end of the list, it's an implicit deny.

The commented-out deny rejects mail from external hosts *if* the
recipient domain is in vexim's database with the spamassassin flag set
(weird) *and* the SPF check failed. Is that an original vexim rule?

The commented-out condition accepts if the address of the sender matches
his username (i.e. you use your full email address as username). You
seem to have changed that to just require that the user is authenticated
at all. That shouldn't make any difference as I assume that the
usernames in the database are indeed identical to the email addresses.

So, let me just ask: If you submit mail directly to your server, have
you configured your mail client to authenticate?

--
Magnus Holmgren