Re: [exim] Exim

Góra strony
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
Dla: exim-users
CC: Markus Braun
Temat: Re: [exim] Exim
Markus Braun wrote:
> i installed Exim4 with Debian.
>
> But now i get this error:
>
> XXX@???' am 19.11.2005 11:31
> 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

When and from where do you get that error? Is it a bounce message?

You would get that error if your client or Exim tries to send mail to a
non-existant address and then proceeds with DATA even though the address
was rejected. The ' looks suspect. Please tell us the exact steps you
performed before you got that error.

> So i added this line to the vexim-acl-check-rcpt.conf
>
> accept
>              authenticated = *

> But now all emails will be marked as spam.
>
> e.g. Hotmail and GMX.

What did you intend to achieve by adding those lines? Did you add both
lines or just the "authenticated = *" bit?
authenticated = * tests whether the client authenticated, e.g. sent
username and password, before transmitting the mail. It's possible that
by changing the configuration you change what Exim considers local mail,
and thus doesn't get scanned.

I run Exim4 on Debian too, and I have no vexim-acl-check-rcpt.conf.
Where did it come from? Can you post it in its entirety?
What other related packages have you installed?

Please post back with full details, and someone will be happy to help.

--
Magnus Holmgren
Linköping, Sweden