Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Página Inicial
Autor: Michael Haardt
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 07:37:35PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> And I am quite opposed to giving HOWTO-type examples because people
> will blindly cut&paste them without understand what they do.

I love HOWTOs, because they usually a) provide a solution if you just
need one, and b) they show ideas expressed as working code, ready to
tweak it. And longer HOWTOs often give a good introduction to a topic,
like the commented Exim configuration file does.

Back then, I liked the Exim cookbook a lot for inspiration what people
do and how. I looked for it and the Wiki contains a few examples (a
little hard to find: FAQ, cookbook), but most is gone. Why? Was it all
just Exim 2 and Exim 3 and thus no longer applies? Perhaps I just got
lost in the Wiki?

Michael