Re: [exim] Double use of message acl modifier dissatisfactor…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Double use of message acl modifier dissatisfactory
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> I'm a little bit disappointed with how the only way to add a header line
> in an ACL is with the warn verb. I you want to accept with an added
> header under certain circumstances, but pass control on to other
> statements, which could accept or reject, perhaps adding other header
> line, then you either have to use sub-ACLs or repeat all the conditions.
>
> I'd like to introduce a new modifier, e.g. "header", and deprecate the
> use of message to add header lines. This doesn't make the warn verb
> meaningless.

From the Wish List, which is online at

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/WishList

(333) 06-Jun-05 L Re-think and re-implement header handling

There are a number of items related to headers above. Better facilities
for handling headers at ACL time are needed. The whole way in which Exim
handles headers should be re-planned and re-implemented in a more
consistent manner.

These are the main previous items:

Exim 3 Wish List: 41, 85, 149, 187.
Exim 4 Wish List: 55, 62, 63, 160, 212, 237, 270, 314, 328.

But when/whether I'll ever get time to do anything about it is unknown.
I do not expect to have time to even think about doing major development
for several months.