Re: [exim] problem with MS Exchange sending to exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chad Leigh
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Magnus Holmgren
Υ/ο: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] problem with MS Exchange sending to exim

On Nov 17, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC skrev:
>> I have an exim 4.51 mail server receiving mail for various domains.
>>
>> We turned on a new domain to be served by our server yesterday.
>> freestylefund.com .  They were previously with purehost or
>> someone.   I
>> added freestylefund.com to our "domainlist local_domains" config  and
>> also added it to my ldap database which is used for delivery.   Most
>> mail to this domain from outside is being delivered just fine.
>> The DNS
>> changeover was yesterday afternoon.  A few people are not  able to
>> send
>> mail to this domain.  I get no clue of anything at all  related to
>> these
>> senders in our reject log (by name, by IP, by  anything).  They
>> all seem
>> to coincidentally (or not) be running MS  Exchange...

> If there's nothing in your log it cannot conceivably be Exim's fault.

That is what I think.

> Could it be that the users have bad cached the DNS records for too
> long?

Could be. The cache settings were not set that high but you never
know with exchange. This is what I expect the problem is.

In fact, I was going to try and say some more here but I just deleted
it because it occurred to me that the old mail server may be saying
to the exchange server that it cannot relay on since it would have
updated its own dns. They did not turn off the old service yet but
since the MX record no longer points to them they are trying to send
it on to us...

> What servers are sending those bounce messages? What machines are
> mars.kattenlaw.com and actii-1.ACTIIPARTNERS.local?

They seem to be the local exchange servers that returned the error to
the users who were trying to send email. (They forwarded the errors
on to help us diagnose the problem). I can receive mail in my domain
from them and my exim runs both domains in the same config.

Chad

> --
> Magnus Holmgren

---