Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to app…

Góra strony
Autor: Fred Viles
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to appear as coming from my domain
On 17 Nov 2005 at 14:19, exim user wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to de":

| But then: How can I achieve my policy, to
|
| 1. Deliver unknown recipients mail to postmaster
| 2. Send a bounce to the sender, copy of it to postmaster
|
| from my check_rcpt acl?

Marc pointed you at control=fakereject, which I think is the right
answer. I'll just add a couple of points:

1. Rejecting at SMTP time means that the DSN legitimate senders
receive will be generated by the sending MTA, not your system. It
also means that the still-possible DSN that innocent third parties
might receive (if sender-forging spam is being relayed via a
legitimate if misconfigured MTA) will not be your responsibility.

2. You still will not get a copy of the DSN (which you are not even
generating anymore) sent to your postmaster account. But I don't
understand why you want this, it seems completely redundant. You're
delivering a copy of the incoming message to postmaster, and you know
that all such messages to unknown usernames have been rejected.

- Fred