Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to app…

Autor: exim-users
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to appearas coming from my domain
Exim User schrieb:

> Thanks for your patience, but I'm stuck.
>
> This is my acl_check_rcpt, slightly flattened. Where is the part,
> responsible for letting through empty senders bounce messages? I can't
> recognize it.

[snip]

'verify = sender' and 'verify = recipient' only verifies that mails can
be routed to the corresponding domain, ie. exim performs a run through
your routers. If you want to verify the existence of a user in a
frontend mta, you have to do this via a callout. In case your backend
mta/groupware server doesn't support smtp time recipient verification
(eg. older exchange versions, groupwise), you have to do this via an
ldap/file/db lookup for your local domains. In case, we are talking
about your backend mta here (sorry, I didn't follow this thread), you
need 'check_local_user' in the router that is handling local deliveries.

BTW: You have multiple "verify = recipient" stanzas in your
configuration. One should be enough. Their result is deterministic :)
There's also no need to drop the connection, if a recipient verification
fails.

Cheers,
Patrick Eisenacher