[exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Góra strony
Autor: Jason Meers
Dla: Exim Users List
Temat: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
Hi all,

I was considering removing myself from the list as I feel completely
alienated by all of the "expert" discussions on the list.

I run an Exim infrastructure for hundreds of users over multiple sites
in the UK. I regard myself as reasonably competent, I have been using
open source (Linux, OpenBSD & Irix) for about 7 years and I am currently
writing a book on building open-source mail servers.

..However I haven't got a clue about most of the topics discussed on
the "exim-users" list. Some of the discussions are *passionate* to say
the least and very intimidating.

I sometimes dont bother to submit simple questions for fear of looking
stupid amongst the:

"how do I re-bias my differential clag-pole oscillator using $ACL_VERBS
and TLS Authentication at (SMTP_DATA_TIME (yes)(no)|(lost-the-plot))))"

I think the expert discussion on the exim-users list is VERY useful for
the experts but is too advanced for most new users and converters.

I would like to suggest an "exim-new-users" list, primarily to increase
the use of Exim with new users and converters.

I would be quite happy to sit on the list along with anyone else
interested. I don't really mind how simple the questions are, I don't
think it would take long to get a core set of code snippets that could
be re-used.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea, and more importantly would
anyone else be prepared to help answering some of the more basic
questions on the list if it existed.

Thanks

Jason Meers