[exim] Better 550 error messages...

Autor: Troy Settle
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Better 550 error messages...

All,

In the reject log, I get a really nice error that shows why mail is
rejected:

... rejected after DATA: domain missing or malformed: failing address in
"To" header is: Support <support@???.>
... rejected after DATA: "@" or "." expected after
"Undisclosed-Recipient": failing address in "To" header is:
<Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
... rejected after DATA: '>' missing at end of address: failing address
in "To" header is: Troy Settle <troy@???

How can I get these errors into the 550 response back to the peer? I
know that not all MTAs will share the 550's with their clients, but for
those that do, it'd be most helpful to have a more descriptive
explanation as to why their mail is being rejected by our server.

Thanks,

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks