Re: [exim] OT: dead user

Página Inicial
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] OT: dead user

On 14 Nov 2005, at 12:06, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> Off topic, but i think someone could help me:
> an user in my domain passed away yesteday.
> What is the best way to cope with it.
> she used her personal office e-mail address to receive
> correpondence for
> all the group, so forwarding to her substitute would expose to a
> leak of
> personal correspondence, setting an autoresponder saying the
> addressee is dead and office correspondence should be sent to a new
> address could lead to people not resending the message to he correct
> address.
> what to do ?

In addition to Jethro's advice, I'd suggest that in future you should
provide people with role based addresses as well as personal
addresses. Here at Sussex, for example, we never put an personal
address in a prospectus. Instead, we'd use an address like
"admissions@???". For a group, we might use an address like
"admissions-office@..." Now, a personal email address might be used
for business purposes, as well as for genuinely personal email, but
the problems encountered when someone moves on (whether to another
department, organisation or the afterlife) are far fewer.

We've been trying to encourage people to use role based addresses for
the past few years now, and this kind of problem is much less common
now. In one case - years ago - a prospectus was published with the
address of a person who had just left the University!

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster,