Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to app…

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to appear as coming from my domain

On 14 Nov 2005, at 13:00, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Ian Eiloart wrote:
>> I'm not sure about that, but "drop" doesn't seem very polite
>> here. Better to do a 5xx reject, so that genuine errors don't
>> stick on sending servers. The vast majority of mail that sticks
>> in my queues does so because it can't be delivered to an address
>> with a typo in it.
>
> Drop does send a 5xx reply, and _then_ drops the connection.
>
> - Marc

Ah! I didn't realise that. I guess that has the disadvantage that
good recipients get dropped with the bad ones, so if I send email to
three people in the same domain, and one is undeliverable, then the
other two don't get it either. Great for spam, but bad for genuine
senders.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster,