Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to app…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ian Eiloart
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim User
Υ/ο: Exim User's Mailing List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to appear as coming from my domain

On 14 Nov 2005, at 11:54, Exim User wrote:

> In my rcpt acl I already use:
>
> drop    message        = Recipient unknown
>           !verify        = recipient
>           delay          = ${eval: ($rcpt_fail_count + 1) * 1}m

> And later on:
>
> accept  local_parts    = postmaster
> domains        = +local_domains

> Do you think the above one causes the trouble I have?

I'm not sure about that, but "drop" doesn't seem very polite here.
Better to do a 5xx reject, so that genuine errors don't stick on
sending servers. The vast majority of mail that sticks in my queues
does so because it can't be delivered to an address with a typo in it.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster,